Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Spotlight: April Cooper-Clark

After high school I went to college at the University of North Alabama.  It was so much fun!  I loved being in a sorority and having independence.  In June 2001, after my sophomore year at UNA, I married Matt Clark at Hillsboro Heights Baptist Church in Huntsville (but I wish it were at Big Cove Holiness; it's so much prettier).  We began dating in September 1997, after meeting through my sister and her husband.  (Stacy Clark and Jennifer Dodd, do you remember us driving by my sister's house to see if Matt was there?)  I graduated from UNA in December 2002, with a bachelor's degree in K-6 elementary education.  On July 4, 2003, Matt and I welcomed our precious daughter, Kennedy Maeson, who is now wrapping up a very successful kindergarten year!  I worked as a third grade teacher for three years at Mt. Gap Elementary, which I loved!  My first class will actually be in high school next year!!!  Three years ago, I transferred to Hampton Cove Elementary to work as a first grade teacher.  At that time we also bought our first home, in Big Cove. We hope to never move again.  I finished my master's degree in educational administration last May.  Three months later, on August 8, 2008, at 5:08 pm, we welcomed our second child, James Cason Clark, whom we call Case.  Yes, our kids' middle names rhyme, but they are spelled differently.  Our family enjoys going to church, playing board games, reading books, snuggling, tickling, and being outside.  Kennedy's and Case's new favorite thing to do is strap into the big wagon while Matt and I take turns pulling them around the neighborhood.  We're really trying to lose the extra baby weight!    I hope to one day be an administrator, but right now I just love being a wife and mom and teaching my sweet first graders!  You can keep up with our family on our family Blog.  It's posted on the left side of this Blog.

No comments: