Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Reunion, Saturday Night

Well, it's taken two weeks, but here are pictures and captions from the reunion on Saturday night.  We had a good time, though I'm sure others would agree things were a bit awkward at times.  I have talked to a few others, and I think we're going to make the picnic a yearly event. It will be held the third Saturday of May each year (probably 2-4).  Perhaps seeing each other more often will help to alleviate awkwardness. :)  Also, hopefully more faces will begin to appear with each passing year.
Here are the 14 of 64 who graced Top of the River with our appearance: Jason Daley, Stacy Clark, April Cooper, Lisa Glover, Emily Boyd, Roxanne Doran, Kati Cloer, Brad Kirby, Meagon Franklin, Sayward Hodges, Adam Bailey, Stacey Jo Self, Brent Beal, and Richie Posey (with his Chick-fil-a hat straight from the time capsule); Sorry, Daniel Lanier, but you left right before the picture was taken.  Speaking of the time capsule, we did open it and laugh at its contents. Some people even brought new items to place in the time capsule for the next ten years!
Matt & April Clark

Adam & Lindsey Bailey

Brent & Rebekah Beal

Richie & Kathy Posey

Jake & Lisa Hicks, Roxanne Doran

Sayward Lowery, Meagon Franklin, Stacey Jo Nunnally

Josh & Emily Sellers


Steve & Sayward Lowery

It was fun getting to see each other and the memorabilia that we had laying out.  We all grew up together, but then we also grew apart.  I hope we can rekindle some old friendships through this Blog and our reunion.

The picnic that we had on Sunday was VERY cold.  Because Case was constantly jumping in my lap, I only took a few pictures.  They were pictures of our children releasing pink balloons to honor the life of Kayleigh Freeman. If you have good pictures from the picnic please e-mail them to me, and I'll try to post them. 

Please keep in touch.  You can still e-mail or mail me your bio info so that I can post it.  Yes, I still have two to post.  It's been a busy few weeks.  The end of the school year is exhausting. Plus my iron got low, so I was doubly exhausted.

No comments: